11310 Coral Gables Drive, North Potomac, MD, 20878 | (301)-424-3357 | firstname.lastname@example.org
American University, Kogod School of Business Washington, DC
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Common Sense, Newspaper of Thomas S. Wootton High School Rockville, MD
Commons Co- Editor September 2009- May 2011
- Interviewed students and staff and wrote articles about issues, activities, and organizations on campus.
- Took photographs at athletic and social events.
- Designed section layout during my last year on the team.
- Mandatory for editors to stay back and work after school until the night during deadline week of each issue.
- Developed responsibilities and group work abilities to work as a team and finish an assignment before a deadline.
D.C. Central Kitchen Washington D.C.
Volunteer November 2011- July 2012
- Contributed to the 5,000 meals prepared each day for distribution to homeless or low-income people in the district.
- Served breakfast to about 200 people each session at three different sites in the district.
- Required to wake up early in the morning and be on time to feed people who are in need.
- Interacted with communities full of deprived and underprivileged people.
- Taught dedication and motivation by handing out meals on a weekly basis to people who cannot afford them easily.
Learning Ally Washington D.C.
Volunteer September 2011- July 2012
- Helped to create and edit audio recordings of books or readings.
- Listened by students with visual impairments and learning difficulties.
- Provided students a voice to read along with to comprehend their material effectively.
- Gave experience with audio editing software by experimenting with different audio tracks.
- Presented a new perspective of people who benefit from recordings to interpret their readings better.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
Toastmasters International Gaithersburg and Potomac, MD.
Toastmaster February 2012- Present
- Prepared and presented speeches to improve public speaking, communication and leadership skills.
- Gave feedback to other Toastmaster’s speeches on how they can improve their work for the future.
- Member of Gene Toasters Club #4818 and Business Oriented Toastmasters Club #2279.
- Attended club meetings in Chennai and Bangalore during a visit to India in May, 2012.
- Introduced management and communication skills to speak efficiently in a business setting.
COMPUTER AND LANGUAGE SKILLS
Computer: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Suite.
Language: English (Native).